I was trying to do this tutorial on constraint layout.
I’ve followed it to a tee, and everything was going fine until I reached the chapter about barriers
In step 6, they tell you to delete the constraint that joins an EditText and a TextView, and then create a constraint from that EditText to the barrier.
The thing is, unlike the animated image in step 6.2 of the tutorial, I hover and hover with my arrow around the barrier, but the constraint is not created; the barrier seems impossible to “grab”, nothing happens.
I’ve been trying to solve this problem for a whole day now and I’m completely perplexed. Things that I’ve tried:
- Invalidate caches/restart, clean, rebuild project.
- Checking that everything in build.gradle(module: app) is in the
- Reloading a fresh version of the project files (in case I downloaded
a corrupted version or some wrong manipulation of mine had broken something).
- Looking (both inside Android Studio and online) for some settings
that should be changed regarding the layout editor.
- Restoring AS’ “factory” configuration.
- Completely Uninstalling and reinstalling AS.
The AS version I use is 3.5.3.
Has anybody an idea of what could be the cause of this strange problem? Like I say, I wasn’t doing anything “outrageous”, just following a paint-by-numbers tutorial… Thank you in advance for any suggestions.