First run of Android Studio. Unable to access Android SDK add-on list-ThrowExceptions

Exception or error:

After trying to reinstall Android Studio, everything was fine until the first run.

While it was ‘fetching Android SDK component information’, it gave me an error saying:

Unable to access Android SDK add-on list

I clicked on Setup proxy, clicked on Auto-detect proxy settings, checked my connection (it said ‘connection successful’) then pressed ok. After that it just came up with the same error. No progress.

Any ideas on what I can do next?

I have no experience with proxy, so I only used Auto-detect proxy settings to stay simple.

PS. I’ve searched, but all I can find is to go behind the proxy, but I don’t have the permissions to edit idea.properties.

I’m using Windows 8.1 32 bit.

How to solve:

Turn off your firewall, and check if it works perfectly, then add android.bat to trusted files in your windows firewall and restart firewall.

###

Rather than doing so many steps
click on set-proxy
click on auto set-proxy and then click on check box and then ok
you are done

###

First of all you must be connected to the internet.

  1. Clear any DNS settings that might be present in your network adapter or router.
  2. Either turn off the firewall (windows or antivirus’s) completely or add an exception.
  3. Stop any other application that might be using internet hence slowing it down.
  4. Close android studio completely and run SDK Manager to update all the components that are awaiting an update, especially addons.

Then run android studio.

###

I have the same issue under Ubuntu 14.04.

I setup my proxy in the network config system (it is ok with internet browser).

I setup my proxy with environment variables http_proxy and https_proxy.

As I use 64 bit machine, I also did:

sudo apt-get install libncurses5:i386 libstdc++6:i386 zlib1g:i386

$ javac -version
javac 1.7.0_80

###

Try to enable firewall exception like below to make SDK to get downloaded automatically:

enter image description here

###

Update the following code to C:\Program Files\Android\Android Studio\bin\idea.properties

disable.android.first.run=false

to

disable.android.first.run=true

###

for windows 7 i just check “No proxy” and continue. it works for me.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *