php – XDebug not listed in the output of phpinfo()-ThrowExceptions

Exception or error:

I am trying to enable XDebug so I can use it along with the PHPStorm (I am on Mac) and although I do not have any errors XDebug is not listed in the phpinfo() output. I also tried with XDebug wizard but with the same result. Here are all my configurations:

I modified the /usr/local/etc/php/7.2/php.ini which I get from:

$ php --ini:

Configuration File (php.ini) Path: /usr/local/etc/php/7.2
Loaded Configuration File:         /usr/local/etc/php/7.2/php.ini
Scan for additional .ini files in: /usr/local/etc/php/7.2/conf.d
Additional .ini files parsed:      /usr/local/etc/php/7.2/conf.d/ext-opcache.ini

with the following:

zend_extension ="/usr/local/lib/php/pecl/20170718/xdebug.so"

[xdebug]
xdebug.remote_enable=1
xdebug.remote_host=localhost
xdebug.remote_port=9000
xdebug.idekey=PHPSTORM

xdebug.so was installed with pecl without any errors:

$ pecl install xdebug

To confirm that I have the xdebug.so:

enter image description here

The output from php -m is as follows:

[PHP Modules]
ast
bcmath
...
wddx
xdebug
xml
xmlreader
xmlrpc
xmlwriter
xsl
Zend OPcache
zip
zlib

[Zend Modules]
Xdebug
Zend OPcache

After all this configurations I run:

$ sudo apachectl restart

But in the output of phpinfo() I do not have it enabled:

enter image description here

I also looked all over the content, but there is nothing connected to xdebug.

Should also note that I restarted my local server before the phpinfo() output:

$ php bin/console server:start --force

My php version (Also you can see that it’s showing Xdebug as properly enabled):

❯ php -v
PHP 7.2.27 (cli) (built: Jan 24 2020 03:49:45) ( NTS )
Copyright (c) 1997-2018 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v3.2.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2018 Zend Technologies
    with Xdebug v2.9.3, Copyright (c) 2002-2020, by Derick Rethans
    with Zend OPcache v7.2.27, Copyright (c) 1999-2018, by Zend Technologies
How to solve:

As @LazyOne suggested, I tried rebooting my system and everything started working properly. Looks like something was needing a reboot to start using the new settings/configurations. So if you tried everything and all looks good from configuration point, try rebooting your system.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *