Below error displays during installation:
Done loading packages. Preparing to install archives Downloading Android SDK Platform-tools, revision 26.0.2 Download interrupted: Connection to https://dl.google.com refused Done. Nothing was installed. Preparing to install archives Downloading Android SDK Platform-tools, revision 26.0.2 Download finished with wrong checksum. Expected 98832431e339c82be1fe910a733a3782071200fd, got aa3ef6f18eff4b8f12dbdf980647a6ce6c2ebe8c. Done. Nothing was installed.
I had to install it by myself.
- Download link:
- Select the zip file
SDK Platform-Tools for Windowsand extract it.
- Move it into your android directory, in my case it was:
- Now you have the new directory:
In my case, the error was gone. I had to install 4 packages first and then I had to install 3 packages after that. Now it run perfect.
You can just extract the archive the SDK Manager already downloaded:
- Go to your android-sdk directory
- Enter the ‘temp’ folder
- Extract the ‘platform-tools_r26.0.2-windows.zip’ to the android-sdk root directory
But this makes the checksum pointless, it might be better to wait until it is fixed unless you need the new version now.
I resolved this by first removing the Android SDK Platform-tools using the Android SDK Manager. Then I used the direct download link provided by Umair Malhi above (https://dl.google.com/android/repository/platform-tools_r26.0.2-windows.zip) then extracted the platform-tools folder into the SDK folder (which in my case is C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\AndroidSDK\25). If you rerun Android SDK Manager, the issue is resolved.
I had the same issue, after running Visual Studio as an Administrator then the updates went through successfully.
EDIT: Newer versions of VS now prompts you to run VS in Administrator mode when you click on Android SDK Platform Tools.
I had the same checksum issue, until I just updated to Android Studio 3.0. Now the Android SDK Platform-tools 26.0.2 downloads and installs as expected. Not sure if the issue still exists for Android Studio 2.x or it was fixed separately, but it’s worth trying again now.
I have the same problem, in my case I hadn’t write rules to
platform-tools folder. So I gave me write rules with the command:
sudo chmod -R ugo+rw